Daily Homework and Test Information

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Virtual Learning Helpful Hints for Parents

 Virtual Learning Helpful Hints for Parents                                November 17

Parents,

    I know this might be a little early, but I want to get a jump on things going into the week after Thanksgiving. I am still going back and forth with what to send home next week as far as materials are concerned. I have reached out to some of my virtual parents and with their help I have provided everyone with some helpful hints for when we go virtual on November 30 and December 1. I will let you know what materials are need by Monday, November 23. I hope these hints help!  


Below are some thoughts and advice from myself and parents who have experienced virtual learning this year. 


  • Look at the Virtual Schedule a couple days ahead of time 11/28 or 11/29



  • Have materials ready for the week: materials: paper, pencils, workbooks, copybook, textbook, crayon, colored pencils, headphones, etc. 


  • Have a quiet distraction free place to work. Students should not be laying on beds, away from your pets, TV, toys, and other family members  


  • Wear your required uniform daily


  • Check the Wifi connection before you start class to make sure it is a strong connection, and make sure the PC is fully charged and have a plug ready to plug in PC when it is low on battery


  • Check your child’s computer volume, and practice muting and unmuting

 

  • Have a copy of your child’s passwords, if you don’t have them reach out to me by 11/29/20


  • Display a copy of your child's schedule in this packet somewhere for everyone to see


  • Office Hours will be established for the end of each day for students and parents to ask questions about the daily work. Office Hours 2-3pm


  •  If you need to get a hold of me during virtual learning class. Email me or text me and I will get back to when the school day is over or you can wait until I answer you at the daily office hours I have available during the day. 


  • Remind your child that virtual school is like being at school, but from home.  The same behavior is expected. They should be respectful of the teacher and classmates. They should be muted at all times (unless they need to ask a question), and not allowed to eat, drink, change backgrounds or turn -off their cameras.


  • Stay with your child until they have successfully joined the class (for the first day). We expect all kids to be logged in no later than by 8:30am . Plan to join early on your first day.

 

  • If things go wrong and you can’t connect, call me at 610-587-7440 and leave a message or text me just make sure you leave your name. I will get back to you immediately. 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment